ABOUT LLOYD’S LIST INTELLIGENCE
For 300 years, Lloyd’s List intelligence have been the trusted independent partner and source of maritime data, insights, and expertise.
Managing the world’s largest maritime intelligence database, Lloyd’s List Intelligence supports 60,000+ professionals to evaluate and mitigate supply chain risk; analyze global trade and create operational efficiencies with first in class Data, Analytics and Platform solutions.
WHAT WE’RE ADDING TO OUR DATA LAKE
Here are just some of the data we are incorporating in Quantum ML’s data lake:
- Vessel movements & positions
- Container tracking
- Vessel Characteristics
- Vessel Ownership
- Vessel Casualties, Incidents and Sanctions
- Port data
- Financial and Credit data
- Oil and product cargo volumes
- Vessel risk indicators
WHY WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT LLOYD’S LIST DATA
Lloyd’s data ranked very high in prediction of Coking Coal. Below you will see a summary of the most predictive/valuable data inputs. The higher up on the list, the more it contributes to the signal, and therefore the more predictive it is.
- You can see from the above that for the prediction of Coking Coal, Lloyds List shipping data ranks very high in terms of predictability, populating 14 of the top 40 spots.
- Given how Lloyds data makes up only 58 out of 1418 data inputs in this test model, this is a very strong indication of the value of this data in predicting PLV Coking Coal.
- To put this in context, the other 1360 predictors represent an extensive list of commodities price data, fundamentals, macroeconomic, weather and news data, coming from 12 other data providers.
Needless to say, our team is very excited to keep exploring how this data will improve performance for other target variables. We have identified additional types of data which we anticipate will provide a significant boost to model performance. For example, for the prediction of Crude or Freight, we intend to expand the data to include other vessels classes as well as additional ports. Furthermore, Lloyd’s offers their comprehensive APEX database, which has an incredible breadth and depth of crude-related shipping data to utilize.
Quantum Data Technologies is an engineering company with a passion for using advanced technology to solve complex business problems. We are fascinated with the pursuit of innovation and to constantly push the boundaries of what’s possible with AI, Big Data, and Machine Learning. Our core product, Quantum ML, is a data platform that uses machine learning to predict the movement of financial instruments such as stocks, bonds, indices, fiat currencies, cryptocurrencies, commodities, ETFs, and more. Quantum ML utilizes data from 150,000+ unique sources such as global exchanges, financials, macroeconomics, and fundamentals, to automatically generate and backtest ML-driven strategies that inform financial and trading decisions.